At UCHINO, we have had years of experience making, selling and taking care of our products since we first started in 1947 and we are happy to share some important facts that we have learnt about caring for our products along the way.
*Care instructions are basic guidelines that we have compiled based on the constructions of each fabric and product.
- Wash with enough water so that soil can be removed easily and this will also prevent fluff from adhering to the towels.
- Use a little softener only when you feel the towel has hardened. Using softener too often will decrease the towel’s absorption and cause shedding of fluff.
- Do not leave the towels wet as this will cause bacteria to breed and develop unpleasant odour. We recommend wringing the towel dry after laundering and to immediately hang it out to dry
- Shake the towel out before drying. Shake it for 10-20 times as this will help to loosen the terry pile of the towel and return it to its original form to maintain its fluffiness.
- Using a front-loading washer-dryer to dry is effective for restoring the pile flattened by washing and extending the life of the fully feel.
*Avoid high-temperature tumble drying for these products: Waffle Weave Products, Gauze Weave Products, Products containing Silk, Products adorned with lace, rhinestones, etc.
Please exercise care while wearing as scrapping the fabric against cloth chairs, tatami mats, and other non-smooth surfaces can damage the delicate fabric. Friction can cause fabric to be turn fuzzy and pills might occur. A fabric shaver is recommended to get rid of the pills.
- Do not forcefully rub, scratch or pull the surface as this will damage the delicate fabric.
- To prevent wears from getting worn out, we recommend placing it in a laundry net when washing and using the delicate wash cycle.
- Use fabric softener sparingly as it will cause the fabric to be fuzzy and more prone to damage.